Friday 25 April 2014

The War Between the States

Figures from the late Steve Hezzlewood's Pax Britannica range. Available from the Dayton Painting Consortium in the USA



Those who followed my old blogs will know that the American Civil War is the period I have gamed the most: 20mm is probably my favourite scale: to my mind Steve Hezzlewood's 20mm figures are the best sculpts in this scale. Ergo, these must be the best wargames figures ever. Or something like that.












They are, like the Tumbling Dice WW1 figures, under represented image wise on the net. So here is my little bit to redress the balance.

Despite the fact that I sold off all my painted ACW figures, including the Airfix ones, earlier this year and the very obvious attraction of the Hezzlewood range I have decided to start again from scratch in a completely different scale.

Here is a work in progress shot of my embryonic 10mm ACW collection:

Hopefully the base work will be completed by the end of the weekend.

10mm figures from Pendraken and based for Fire and Fury. Completed April 2014.

3 comments:

  1. 10mm? Those are fantastic! I've always thought 10mm figures were ugly blobs with horrible anatomy and ridiculously big hats but those are very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matt, I will get those figures out to you shortly ,Been manic here Phil

    ReplyDelete