Friday 30 January 2015

Jacklex Colonial British Infantry - The Lincolnshire Regiment

Here are the first of the Jacklex regular British infantry off to fight the Dervish horde.The Lincolnshire regiment can be identified by the white square patch on their helmets. 

Again I have given them a "functional" paint job in line with the "quantity has a quality of it's own" ethos for the Sudan collection.

Not a wobbly lip among them!

I have another six infantry left to paint and then I will a whole half battalion. Add to that another 18 Naval infantry from "HMS Nostalgia" and an Indian mountain gun and that is my entire Jacklex British contingent. 

I then have a few Dervish camels and infantry to complete before I consider any more purchases.

 Next up however will be a few of shots of figures from the old blogs who are to be sold off in the great lead pile cleansing!

11 comments:

  1. These Old School colonials really look cool.

    Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great bases on these too! I am having a lead pile clear out to, as I reckon I have over fifty years worth of painting with the current collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have started the sorting into piles - its like watching one of those hoarders on TV prevaricate endlessly but I am getting there!

      Delete
  3. Once again you've achieve excellent results from these basic Jacklex figures. Lovely old school feel and you've got me thinking about my own plan for the Boer War - one day maybe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually once you see more than six based up you can appreciate their simplicity. They will only ever look their best en mass.

      Delete
  4. Agreed! You have achieved a great look here. They call to mind all of those old photographs of Peter Gilder's WHC set-p and photos of it way back when in early issues of Miniature Wargames.

    Best Regards,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comments warm the heart. This is exactly the look I am trying to achieve!

      Delete
  5. They look great. Do I understand you are talking 48 man battalions? Going into this slowly then?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The unit sizes are based on the revamped Gilder Sudan rules. If I keep it my principle goal for 2015 it should be achievable. Its that word "if" that always gets me though!

      Delete
  6. Superb work, and very distracting! Matt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my Old School project. I considered doing others (including HH Napoleonics) but have decided to limit the number of distractions I have!

      Delete